November is a month of thanks and there is no better way to count your blessings then by giving back to your community. Often people want to do something, but don’t know where to start, so at Cornerstone Capital, we compiled a list of easy, fun activities to support your community this holiday season. Many are family friendly, so include the kids!
- Donate Used Coats – November really brought the chilly weather and soon it will be winter coat weather. Go thru your closet and pick out a few gently worn coats to donate. There are many coat drives to choose from, or find a drop off location with the “One Warm Coat” locater: http://www.onewarmcoat.org/donatecoats/
- Toys-for-Tots – The Holiday Season is a perfect time to shop! While you are making your list, add a few extra toys for kids in need and drop them off at Toys-for-Tots. Find a drop off location here: http://toysfortots.org/donate/toys.aspx
- Food Pantry – Many people go to bed hungry every night all over NJ. The holiday season is a great time to donate your time or food supplies to your local food pantry to help those less fortunate feel the holiday spirit too. Find a local food pantry near you: http://www.feedingamerica.org/1/
- Animal Shelter – Even if you don’t have a lot of extra time, Animal shelters always love donations. Check with your local animal shelter before planning a donation, but old towels and pet food are usually on the list of very welcome donations. And if you do want to snuggle puppies, donating your time at an animal shelter is a great way to give back and reduce stress. You just might find a new family member too! Find an animal shelter near you: http://theshelterpetproject.org/shelters/
- Bake up Some Sweets – Have a favorite holiday cookie or a special family recipe? Bake up some extras and bring them down to your local Police Station, Fire Station, Veterans Club or Senior Living Apartments. The recipients will be so grateful and you will be reminded how many wonderful citizens are in your community.
How every you decide to support your community this holiday season, any activity giving back to your community is sure to bring you Joy!